Welcome to the Professional Fishing Industry Health and Safety toolkit.
This toolkit has been developed to provide a one stop shop for industry to access resources for health and safety. The toolkit focus is the wild catch and aquaculture sector.
The tool kit is supported by the Fisheries, Research and Development Corporation and industry bodies and provides a direct link for industry members to obtain information in:
- Developing Safety Management Systems for the vessel
- Access to safety induction training through SeSafe
- Accident summaries including fatalities, injuries and marine incidents
- Fact sheets that provide a summary of previous and current research
- Information on safety gear that is encouraged
- Links to podcasts where all matters safety are discussed by industry people
We encourage industry to explore this web site and the resources provided. It’s all about continuous improvement and planning.